Sunday, January 04, 2009

Short term Mission Trip


I am going to the orphanage in Morelia, Mexico in February. The last time I was there was in summer of 2005. I have been looking for the opportunity to go back ever since. I visited the orphanage in the Baja in Oct. of 2007 but it was not the same as being in Morelia. They have about 30 kids currently. They have added an addition that is just about complete. I believe one of the goals is to decorate the finished areas to get ready for them to be used. It is going to be hectic with school and work but I am so looking forward to going for a week. The dates are Feb. 7 - 14th. I am not sure which airlines we are flying out on yet so I don't know how many bags I can take with me. My initial plan is to collect twin size sheet sets to bring with me as they always have a need for sheets. I guess the quality of sheets in Mexico is not as good as ours here in the USA. I also think I am going to make some chocolate chip cookies to take with me. They don't bake much in Mexico so the kids will really enjoy homemade cookies. Last time we went down we baked them there but the ingredients are different in Mexico so they did not turn out as good as when I make them at home. (I have a really good recipe for chocolate chip cookies)

1 comment:

Carol E. said...

If you are willing to share, I would LOVE to have a good chocolate chip cookie recipe. Mine always turn out so flat and crisp. I like them thicker and chewy.