Saturday, January 17, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookie Receipe

Someone asked me for my chocolate chip receipe if I wanted to share. I have used the same receipe for years and I would love to share my receipe as they make us really soft and chewy cookies.

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Better Homes and Gardens
Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup Shortening(I use butter flavor crisco)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/1 tsp vanilla
1 12 oz. chocolate chips (I use milk chocolate)
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (I don't use the nuts)

Stir together flour, soda, and salt. In a mixer bowl beat butter and shortening on medium speed of electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add sugars and beat till fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture., beating till well combined. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop from a teaspoon 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8 to 10 min. Remove; cool.

There you have it. These are the best, softest cookies and I get alot of compliments when I share them.

1 comment:

Carol E. said...

Thank you!! I'll give them a try! yummmmmm