Friday, January 09, 2009

Quilting progress

I decided to spend some time in the sewing room seeing what I had in my orphan blocks and to try to clean up some of my unfinished projects. School starts on Monday so this is some of my last few days off. (Actually one of my teachers posted her stuff online early so I may start working on that this afternoon. I have the day off today and have been enjoying my morning at home with all the family gone immensely. All of these quilts will be sent to a quilting angel at Sunshine quilt guild and then will be forwarded to Wrap them in Love for the orphanages.
Most of these blocks came from members from the Sunshine guild over the last year or so. So this is what I came up with. My creative energy is very low right now so I was going more for speed sewing and getting things completed. Needless to say I still have tons of blocks waiting to be sewn into quilt tops. They are the disappearing nine patch blocks that I rec'd at least 1,000 of from the Sunshine quilt guild.






2 comments:

Teresa said...

Looks like you made good use of your time. The snow picture before this post is just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

1000 blocks....how many go in a quilt? 15 or 60? (I can't remember if we sewed the 1/4's together after we cut the 9 patch) if we sent the big blocks that means 66 quilts in a 3x5 layout as you show. If we sent the 1/4 blocks it will be 16+ quilts...Either way, WOW!