Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My Anniversary!

Well today is my 20th Wedding anniversary. I probably won't see my husband all day as Wednesday is our busiest day of the week. He always works late and we have kids activities on this day.

Well yesterday I was able to do some quilting as I had the day off work. Although I wanted to spend the whole day at home I had to do some running in the morning. I miss my stay at home days. The house is so peaceful and quiet during the day when the kids are at school. I worked on some more preemie quilts and now have a total of 8 quilts to send off. I also worked on some baby panels I have had in my stash for a long time. These are for ABC Quilts (http://www.abcquilts.org) I am the local area coordinator for this effort. Last year I was able to collect about 150 or so quilts for them.

Here are a few of the preemie quilts.

I am trying to use up some orphan blocks and the preemie quilts are a way to put them to good use.

I went to Joann's yesterday as consolation for having to run into town. I bought myself a sewing machine case on wheels. I quilt at church about once a month so it will be nice to be able to cart all of my stuff including my sewing machine in one bag. And it is on wheels! I told my DH that he did not need to buy me an anniversary present as I had taken care of it myself. I originally wanted to buy some recliner chairs but he didn't want me to so I guess that will wait. I really don't have time to shop around anyway.

1 comment:

Carol E. said...

Happy Anniversary!