Thursday, January 05, 2006

January 5, 2006

Well I finished up a total of 5 preemie quilts so far. These quilts go together really quickly when you already have orphan blocks to work with. You can see some of the finished ones at http://photos.yahoo.com/tjgray2 in the new photo album. I am working on one more now and will then decide if I want to complete others or wait and work on another project. I have put out a challenge with my online charity quilt guild to make some blocks that I will sew together with Bonnie's pattern called Smokey Mountain Stars at http://www.quiltville.com. Her site is full of scrappy quilt patterns that are wonderful. Some of the blocks have started coming in already.

I have confirmed the dates for my next Mission trip to Mexico. I will be going in June 2006 for a week to a christian orphanage that is home to about 30 children rangeing in age from birth - 16 yrs old. Last summer when I went with a group of 13 we worked on the nursery and finished it so they are now able to take in babies. Don't know what we will work on this year but I am hoping we take someone with us that can help install an industrial sink in the kitchen. I hope to take lots of quilts with me for the home or possibly their outreach or hospital ministry. Better get back to that sewing machine if I want to accomplish something!

1 comment:

Carol E. said...

Janet, I'll try to get some quilts done for you to take to Mexico!