Tuesday, January 17, 2006

January 17, 2006

Worked on some quilting over the weekend. I had to work Saturday morning but then was able to sew all afternoon. I have a pile of 7 quilt tops made from orphan blocks and crumb blocks. These are going to Wrap a Smile and Wrap Them in Love.

I registered for an online Spanish course this weekend also. It is a 6 week course and is suppose to teach you how to speak in Spanish quickly. I am sure there will be alot of work on my part but I am ready! I am headed to Mexico again to an orphanage in Morelia. http:///www.ffhm.org This will be my second year going and I am really excited about it. I am going in June with about 10 other people. I am in the process of organizing the mission team now.

My youngest son participated in his first Cub Scouts pinewood derby. He placed third in the entire pack and boy was he excited!! He almost placed 2nd as he tied a few times for that place but the other car finally ended up winning. He was really excited to place third place! He will get his picture in the newspaper.

Well that was my weekend in a nutshell. Back to the cutting board to make more charity quilts. So far I have worked on 16 quilts for January. My goal this year is at least 100. That would be about 8.33 quilts a month so I am a little ahead for those months I may not be able to do as much.

No comments: