Monday, January 02, 2006

January 2, 2006

Happy New Year!

I decided to try something new this year and this is it. I have been keeping a personal journal for the last few years and will continue to do that. With this blog I want to record my quilting journey along with some day to day events. Christmas was nice but I am glad that things can now settle down and not be so busy. Well at least I hope it will settle down. The kids will be back in school tomorrow and we can get back to the regular routine.

My husband had off work all week and was working on finishing up the basement family room. It is just about done being painted and then we can roll out the carpet and start moving into it. This is where my machine quilting frame will be plus the pool table and other table games for the kids. Oh and also the exercise equipment that is being used.

I worked on a Mystery quilt over the New Years weekend. It is a queen sized quilt. I will be keeping it for my bed. This will be the first quilt I have ever made for my own bed. The pink ribbon should have read light purple but I like it anyway. It is not quilted yet. I will have to get that done next after we get the basement back in order.

No comments: