Thursday, May 01, 2008

Working diligently....




I am continuing to work on the quilts from the kids at school. I have a total of 13 quilts that will need to be done by mid May and so far I have 6 completed, one that needs binding and 6 more that need to be pieced and quilted. It is starting to get busier as it is getting to be spring. Although spring is very late coming in the midwest this year. I never know what I should wear for the day , spring or winter clothes! These quilts are looking really scrappy but I don't think the kids in the orphanage will mind too much! I helped to get some quilts over to an orphanage in South Africa and was told that the kids loved the quilts and could not believe that they could keep them even when they were old enough to leave the orphanage. Getting that kind of information is what keeps me going! These quilts will be donated to Wrap them In Love which hand delivers quilts to the orphanages. So, if you are ever taking an international trip and know that you can visit an orphanage check out that website and you could take some quilts over with you also!
I have not been able to work on the Orange Crush mystery quilt hosted by Bonnie lately and am hoping I can get back to it at some point. I have most of the 4 patches completed but have not even started on Clue #2. And, I suppose the next clue has been issued but I am afraid to look as I will feel like I am very behind.
Hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What great quilts. And how lovely to know how much they will be loved by their new owners. Don't worry about the OC - as long as you have the patterns there's all the time in the world, you can catch up as and when you have the time. Step 2 was a bit time consuming, but Step 3 was a doddle.