Friday, May 16, 2008

Newsworthy....


Wrap Them In Love is in the News in my hometown! If you are following my blog you have seen that I have been going into the classrooms and quilting with the kids. A week or so ago I went into 4 second grades classes and we did more quilts squares for four more quilts. These are all going to be donated to Wrap Them in Love when they are done being displayed at the local library in June. Well here I am with some of the students and one of the quilts already finished. One of the teachers submitted it to the paper and they ran it. It references the website for Wrap them In Love and also says that I accept donations of 100% cotton fabric for all the quilts I make. They did not give any contact info for me but I am in the phone book so if someone really wanted to find me they could. I was glad that these pictures of me actually are not too bad. At least acceptable for me considering almost the whole town will see it. I have submitted photos of the quilts in previous years but never with me in the picture, only the kids and the quilts. So this year being the fifth year of this project ended with 13 quilts and 13 classrooms visited. So I am pleased with the end result even though the process was a little more time consuming this year.

4 comments:

Carol E. said...

That is fantastic! Good pictures, too. It's about time you get some recognition.

Amanda said...

Well done - a little publicity for such a good cause never hurts. And it's something the children will remember doing for a long time.

Cher said...

lovely quilts-and what a fabulous photo and write up! It is a win-win, quilts created by children for other children. Your way of putting them together is great- very colorful and fun. what a gift you are giving these children and wraptheminlove.

Teresa said...

A wonderful project and so special to have the children involved.