Saturday, April 05, 2008

Mystery Revealed!!!!



Here is the Library Mystery Quilt that I have been working on for a few months now. The lighting is not the greatest on my bed but it is too big for my design wall. It took me all afternoon to finish up. Sometimes I think Borders take just as long as the quilt blocks do, or at least it feels that way. Some of my bed quilt is peeking out the bottom and is not on the new quilt. I still have to quilt it but it feels good to be done with the top. I have until April 29th to quilt it for our Show and Tell meeting at the Library. It will be fun to see the other fabrics in this quilt. There were two layout options and I liked this one best. I think after seeing this I am going to keep it for myself. You can never have too many quilts, right? I really like purple so it does not surprise me that I would want to keep it. All of these fabrics came out of my stash as I did not want to go shopping for any fabric considering I have tons to use up at home first. They suggest a diagonal quilting but I will probably load this on my frame and do an overall meander of some sort. There are stars in the quilt so I would like to star meander it but I am not good at that freehand yet, so maybe I can find a pantograph to use instead. I was thinking I could even freehand the stars on some paper and then just photocopy that until I have a pantograph long enough for the frame. I have some books so I might have something already.

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Your quilt looks so traditional - I love it. I know you said something about purple, but it sure looks blue and gold to me. YOu did a great job!

Donna said...

I love your color choices and your quilt. I know what you mean about borders. It is my least favorite part, putting them on also quiting them.

Quilter Kathy said...

Great job on this quilt! I really dislike putting borders on too - it's boring and takes a lot of time to do a good job of it. Good luck with the quilting!

Margo in Maine said...

Beautiful quilt...enjoyed looking at your blog....I am also a church secretary and it is so enjoyable and rewarding...
It was also interesting your 'heart to hand quilter' name...found it after I had set my blog up...I use a heart on my labels also...Margo

Helen in the UK said...

This is a great quilt. Congrats :)