Monday, April 14, 2008

Frame on the move!



My frame was on the move this last weekend. We are doing some remodeling in the basement adding a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. The bedroom that my frame was in lost a wall in the process. So I needed to move my frame to its new home in the other half of the basement. This is a room that is about 14 X 28 or so. The back half still has the family room stuff in it but my frame now sits in front of these wonderful windows. The light is so great and now quilting is so much better than when I was stuffed into that small bedroom. Plus I can turn on the TV to keep me company as I quilt. I have a charity quilt loaded on the frame and will be quilting it after I am done here. The lighting is not the greatest in these pictures right now but that is because this is a southern exposure which is why the view is so great. As you can see I am excited about my frames new space. I will post some pictures of the quilts I am currently trying to finish as I get them done.
Janet

3 comments:

Amanda said...

How lovely to have that sort of view while you are working. And what a great space for sewing and quilting

June said...

You can always hang a big fluorencent light above the frame like I did. It plugs into a wall outlet. Love the view!! I do a lot of charity quilts too. Sure makes you feel good, huh?

Renee said...

How nice that you have a basement. We here in Florida can't as the water table is so low. We use our garages as our basements. Anyway, I hope you don't mind, but I'm tagging you to give us 7 weird or random things about yourself on your blog. Just go to mine and you can find the rules. Sorry. Keep the piece.