Sunday, March 30, 2008

HS Graduates quilts for Church


Here is one of the graduates denim quilts that we are making at my church. We have 4 out of 6 done. Another gal is helping me work on the last two and then I will get them back to finish up the binding. They finished up at 50 X 80 and will be a good size for a dorm bed or where ever they use them. The denim is all jeans donated by congregation members. We had a sewing day this last Saturday and 8 ladies showed up to help out! I was excited as in the past it has not been easy getting help. The answer I always hear is "I don't know how to sew". I keep assuring everyone that there is lots to do that does not require you to know how to sew! Apparantly it finally sunk in. It was encouraging to me as I have been struggling with it.

4 comments:

Greenmare said...

that is wonderful! there is nothing better for a dorm room than a denim quilt! and they can drag them outside to use on the grass too.

Joan J said...

What a wonderful, thoughtful gift to give to the graduates. I'm sure it will give them a nice piece of home to take with them as they head out to college. And love that the jeans are donated!

Teresa said...

What a cool idea...I know the will love them!

Phyl said...

I am glad you got some help!

This is a wonderful thing to do for the graduates.

Hugs...