Monday, March 24, 2008

One finished, 8 To Go



I put together one of the quilts from the blocks from the kids at school. I used some challenge blocks from my split 9 patch challenge I hosted with the Sunshine Quilt Guild (at http://www.sunshinequiltguild.blogspot.com) I really like the results. I have probably 15 more quilts to make with these challenge blocks so I am getting two projects done at the same time! This feels really good considering how little time I have these days. I think I am spending too much time on the computer and not enough at my sewing machine. I need to get these quilts finished by mid May to have them back to school for the kids to see. These quilts will be going to Wrap them In Love which donates quilts to orphanages around the world. You can read about that program at our Guild blog also.

Bonnie (http://www.quiltville.com) is starting a new mystery quilt and I am also going to start that project. I think I am an overachiever! But all these projects are soooo much fun. Well I better get busy and use my day off to its full advantage!

2 comments:

Carol E. said...

That's a beautiful quilt. I love how you combined the two projects! The fabrics are all so bright and pretty.

Joan J said...

It's a wonderful, colorful quilt. And how special that the kids are contributing in a donation quilt. Nice job. I understand about the "spending too much time on the computer" thing.. There's just so much to see!