Saturday, February 02, 2008

Small Arm Quilting setup



Here is a copy of my quilt setup. I own the B-line quilting frame which is set up at 10ft and just recently purchased the WOW IV stretched Singer 201 while on vacation. I have completed one quilt top and some practice pieces on the new machine to date. I have owned the frame for three years now. I used to use the Babylock Quilters Professional Choice sewing machine which has a 9" throat. I am keeping that sewing machine to use when I want to quilt smaller quilts off the frame. Right now I have the mystery quilt that needs to be quilted by Thursday to put in my guild's quilt show. I am struggling however as there is tons of open space and I don't know what design to use. I am not good with quilting under pressure!

2 comments:

Carol E. said...

I have never looked into these frames and all the zillions of options... but am wondering if I would like to join the world of machine quilting other than just on my regular machine. How to even begin thinking about this is so confusing. Are you happy with your setup?

SandyQuilts said...

Congrats on your new set up... how great.