Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Awana Grand Prix race car...

My son attends Awana club that holds an annual Grand Prix. This is similar to Cub Scouts pinewood derby cars. Anyway they have an open class where adults can make and race these little cars. I will be making a car this year again and I have decided that I want to make a quilt block and glue it down to the car. Now I just need to find a pattern that would work well. I have lots of scraps and could just do a scrap block and cut it to the proper size to attach to the car. We don't have the cars yet so I am not sure what size it is exactly but it is rectangle. I would guess it is only about 1 1/2 inches wide by about 7 inches long. Here are some cars from previous years.

So if anyone has any idea's on a quilt block that would look great on a car please let me know!


2 comments:

Tracey in CT said...

How about a row of flying geese? I'd put the skinny end of the triangles pointing to the front of the car. I'd probably use Mod Podge to decoupage the geese on there and make it stick nicely.

Carol E. said...

What a fun idea! I like the flying geese suggestion. Can't wait to see your finished car!