Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Awana Grand Prix car's


Well here is my finished car for the Awana Grand Prix race on Sunday. The painted car is my son's (3rd grader) and the kind of quilted car is mine. I used some fabric scraps that I rec'd from someone (sorry can't remember who sent it to me) Purple just happens to be one of my favorite colors and of course I love to quilt! My son spent alot of time painting his car and is very pleased with how it looks. Our race is this Sunday so I will let you know if either of us wins!

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

Boy, do I have fond memories of those little cars. both of my sons won in their Cub Scouts Pinewood Derby races. Good luck to you and your son!

Sue said...

Our 7 year olds Awana Grand Prix is tonight. He had his heart set on making his car look like a rat, so that's what we did. It really came out well! Have fun!

Carol E. said...

I wonder if I sent you those scraps? I remember having nearly all those fabrics. But why did I send you scraps? Anyway, you put them to good use - very creative. Good luck at the races!