Sunday, November 11, 2007

Quilt completed


I completed another quilt for a friend of mine. These are Dresden quilt blocks hand sewed by her Grandmother (probably 40 year old blocks). I made them into a quilt top and then machine quilted it. I am not completely happy with how it turned out but she is pleased with it. I know from this experience I will never make 16 in square blocks and set them on point again. I have one more quilt to finish for her using some more of the dresden quilt blocks. That quilt the blocks will not be set on point.


I am working more than ever with 48 hours last week working 6 days. I long for the days when I was part time or was able to stay at home! I am not leaving my job at this point but I think I see a change will have to happen sometime in the future. As a Personal Banker I don't really want to be a sales person but someone that provides customer service to our customers. The new bank is very aggressive in sales and I am not sure I like that. I will wait and see how things progress. We have a new branch manager starting on Monday and that may change things drastically. Today I worked on quilting a top that I completed a long time ago. I am giving it to a friend that is going in for hip surgery on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Carol E. said...

This Dresden Plate quilt is beautiful! Nice job!