Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Back to the sewing room


This picture is not a quilt but some art work by my youngest son in third grade. I really like his color choices and have hung this picture in my office/sewing room. I am finally getting some energy back after being sick from Mexico. My work schedule has been very demanding and has not given me much down time to recover. I went to a local quilt guild's quilt show and enjoyed looking at everyone's accomplishments.

I needed some motivation to get back into the sewing room. I am currently working on a quilt for my brother's retirement after 26 years in the Navy. We are headed down to Florida in January to go to his ceremony and I have some muslin squares signed by family members and am putting them into a red/white/blue quilt. I have all the fabric and started cutting and sewing tonight after a 10 hour workday. I am making myself work on it as it is the only way I am going to get going again. I am also finishing up an antique quilt for a friend so will post a picture of that in my next post. Well back to the sewing machine and then off to bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Janet,
I love your son's artwork! Reproduced in fused fabrics and Satin stitching for the lines it would be a fabulous Priority Alzheimer's quilt...or a wall hanging for you or a family member.

Michelle L.