Sunday, July 01, 2007

New Job

I currently work at a bank that has been bought out and we just converted over all our systems last week to the new bank. What a week! I have been working overtime the last three weeks and I was only the PT teller. As of Friday I am now the Personal Banker! One of the ladies put in notice last Monday and I am now taking her place. I will now be full time with hours anywhere from 36 - 40 hours. We have not worked out all the specifics yet as we are still trying to figure out if hours are changing for everyone with the transition. Of course with a new bank and new policies we are having to change everything. This week I will be working as Personal Banker with the gal that is leaving training me in plus helping out the teller line if needed. If last week was any indication I may be Personal Banker on my own as we have been very busy. That is normal for summer but the timing is not the best for all this transition stuff. I have not been quilting much in the last month as I have been working so much. I am going to have to figure out a new schedule for my life so that I can make time for my quilting time. I am sad to see my extra hours at the sewing machine dwindle but I am happy about my new position. I was a stay at home Mom for about 10 years and am now ready to get back into the career role. My youngest is going into third grade this year.

No comments: