Sunday, June 17, 2007

June 17, 2007



Here are a few more quilts for Mexico. These are just cheater panels but I know the babies won't care. I am now ready to pack up a box and send the quilts onto Mexico. I am able to mail them to the headquarters in Southern CA and they have a truck that goes down weekly. Much less expensive for me that way. I would never be able to ship international. I think I will be trying to fit 30 quilts into the box. Don't know if the box I have is big enough but I am going to vacuum out the air in a bag and hope the box does not explode while in transit. The next few weeks are going to be crazy at work so I have not been working very hard this weekend. I did manage to machine quilt three more tops for my Ukraine project. Have not completed the bindings yet.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Wow, 30 quilts ready to go! You've been working hard at this!

Linda C said...

Good job, Janet! I make a lot of kids quilts and occasionally use the panels if they have been donated for my groups use. I like the term "convenience panel" better than cheater. You still have to do all the other work but cut down on the piecing, after all. Quilt, bind, etc.

Rose Johnston said...

Ur quilts r lovely.....nice and bright, heaps to keep a child interested but also made with lovely generosity

jovaliquilts said...

Cheater panels are great! Very cute, and the kids don't know much beyond that -- besides, you finish them off so nicely. Those quilts are really adorable.
Cheri