Sunday, November 09, 2008

Ukraine orphanage clothes

I received word that the clothes were handed out to the children at the Ukraine orphanage. We sent 11 boxes of clothing and quilts to Leann serving as a missionary in the Ukraine. She has listed pictures on her blog at http://www.fireleann.blogspot.com. You can see the kids with their new duds!

I have had a few minutes of quilting since class started the end of August. I did finish quilting a charity quilt and now have 4 quilts waiting for the binding to be completed. When I am not doing homework and taking care of family I am sometimes too exhausted to think about sewing.

I have registered for Spring semester starting in January and now that it is winter I may be able to find some time for sewing but we will have to see how it goes.

4 comments:

BrendaLou said...

Hi Janet, I'm so proud of you working so hard at your schooling! You go Girl!

Leann said...

Hi Janet, yes, I'd love the VBS materials! I will be back in America on Dec. 4th, so we can definitely have lunch sometime. I'll get in touch after I return. Take care!

Julie said...

I hopped over to Leann's blog and the kids look so cute wearing those clothes!

Margo in Maine said...

Just stopped by ....great looking quilts...nothing like the feeling of being snuggled in them....blessings on you for your work...Maine