Sunday, August 17, 2008

Non-Quilty

It has been a wild summer of no quilting. I have lots to get done here but decided I needed to enjoy the summer with my family for the most part. Also in the last two months or so I have been researching going back to school. I believe I have finally narrowed it down as to where I will be going and what degree I am pursuing. As of right now, Monday I should be registering for a few classes at a local Communtiy College where I believe I will be finishing up my AA degree and then I will transfer to a four year college to finish up a bachelor's degree in Social Work. I know it will be a tough schedule but I believe I am up for the challenge. I just know that I need to do something to move forward at this point. I am sure it will take me longer than the typical four years but I am looking at accelerated learning options to move it along faster. I am excited about going back to school as I really enjoy the learning process! School starts next week for my online classes I am registering for and my kids go back after labor day so maybe once we settle into our routine again I can squeeze in some sewing time. I have blocks waiting for me to turn into quilt tops for Wrap a Smile and Wrap Them in Love.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Oh my ...I do wish you success in your studies. I admire anyone that goes back to school to better themselves and also to fulfill a dream.

BrendaLou said...

Good for you Janet! Hang on to those dreams and work hard. I'm pulling for you.

Margo in Maine said...

Congratulations on your going back to school...keep your eye on the goal even in the hard days and you will get there...my son 49 in Tn. went back and got his degree to teach...full time...honor student all 4 years. This is his second year and loving it...Nothing is too hard when you put your mind to it...again Congrats...

Carol E. said...

Good luck! I know you can do it!