Saturday, June 07, 2008

Heartstrings quilts.....





Ishowed a quilt picture to one of my co-workers using 2.5" strings and she really liked it and decided she wanted to help me by making some quilts for the orphanages. She has since given me 10 quilt tops for me to finish and send on. I provided her with some of my strings and the foundation fabric and she sewed the tops together. I have quilted four of them and that is these. Two of them are in flannels. She really liked working on the flannel quilts. Flannel is not my favorite to work with but these will make really warm quilts for some child in a cold place.!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janet, I love string quilts too! They are one of the scrappy patterns that always looks great. Isn't it fun to pass on the quilting bug to someone else. And for a good cause.

Helen in the UK said...

Great string quilts!! How fun that your co-worker gave you a hand putting these together :)

Mary Johnson said...

These are wonderful! Thanks for sharing the photos!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Janet!

Kathy in WI

Anonymous said...

I love them all. Thanks for sharing.

Carol E. said...

How nice of your co-worker!! I've been wishing I could recruit some of my co-workers, but so far.. have only had little nibbles.

Julie said...

These quilts are beautiful. How sweet of you and your co-worker to think of the children in need.

Margo in Maine said...

Very nice...what a blessing you are to others...

Carol E. said...

Are you going to join us back in blogland some day? Hope you're just busy and not overwhelmed, or worse.