Saturday, April 07, 2007

Fabric Markers

I should have been working on quilts today but could not seem to get motivated so instead I colored in this quilt block for another quilt. I used the iron on transfers and then used fabric markers to color this in. It is the Noah Ark for a baby quilt. I am also working on some 6 1/5" blocks with animals in two's that I will add to the quilt. This will be the center block and the others will probably go around the center square. I have yet to figure out the measurements but will figure something out. I was in the mood to be creative but not to sew apparently. Other than working this morning it turned out to be a quiet day around the house. I did run over the to next town to check out a Ben Franklin store that is closing. Picked up some quilting notions at 25% off but did not get any fabric other than muslin. I am going to wait until the discount is much higher and go back to see if I can get a good deal on some fabrics for the charity quilts. It has been very cold this week and feels more like winter instead of spring. Tomorrow is Easter and we are having a ham dinner at home with the family. I am sure it will be another quiet day which will be nice. Other than serving breakfast at church and attending church services we will be home the rest of the day. I have a busy week so it will be nice to start it out quiet.

Happy Easter to all!

2 comments:

Shelina said...

Janet, I hope you enjoy your time with your family, and have a wonderful Easter.

That Noah's ark is so cute. I've often thought that it would be fun to color a quilt. I'll have to look for fabric markers. The ones I have have tiny tips and are more for signatures and labels.

swooze said...

What brand of fabric markers did you use?