Thursday, March 01, 2007

Hand quilting

These are some dresden plate blocks that are about 50 years old. My co-worker has asked me to finish them up and I will be making two quilts out of the 16 blocks. This will take me quite awhile to finish up I am sure. This is my very first attempt at hand quilting. I decided to make pillows as that way the back of my project will not show through. I enjoyed the process so much (even though it does not look the greatest) that I am ready for more hand quilting projects. I basted a Halloween panel that I will hand quilt for my Mother. I have had the panel for years and always meant to put it together for my Mother but never got around to it. This will be a great project to do when I am too tired or unmotivated to really sew or quilt. I have tons of other projects going but need a break quite often.

It has snowed here in the midwest and school was cancelled today and we are wondering what tomorrow will bring. It is suppose to snow during the night tonight. I have to go to work no matter what as we are already short staffed. So I am sure the country roads will be fun to drive tomorrow.



No comments: